The Journey Continues…
I’ve on recently started this minimalism journey. It’s ongoing and there is (as with all things) always room for improvement. Because I have downsized in so many other areas, the parts of my life, be it physical or mental, that have not been tackled feel like they stick out. They loom over me and feel like an untouched daunting task. [CUE THE ANXIETY]
The latest: my laundry room. UGH!
Right now it is full of washed but unfolded clothes, clothing baskets, hampers, hanging clothes, unmatched socks, various detergents and soaps. The list goes on. The more I write the more unsettled I feel! The thought of it makes me so uneasy!
See that’s the thing about this journey, its addictive, the benefits are undeniable. You’ll want to spread it in your own lifestyle as much as possible and where it lacks you’ll be drawn to add.
So here goes:
- If the laundry room is overflowing with clothing, it must mean that I still have room to downsize
- Step 1: Go through the clothing and bag up anything that is not needed. Donate everything else.
- I wonder how environmentally friendly the soaps and detergents are. Half used bottles = more trash.
- Step 2: Purchase reusable bottles/jars and labels and research homemade laundry detergents.
- I need to make this space welcoming if I want to keep on top of the laundry. It should be as beautiful as the rest of the home.
- Find organizational functional items that keep clothing organized but still aesthetically pleasing that will last and is still affordable. It still has to look good!
I’m actually excited and can’t wait to get started.
Game. On. Yo.